The Night of the Strawberry Moon

     Sky clear-ish with some clouds on the very night of the strawberry moon. I couldn't believe it, normally on a night where I want to see the moon we usually end up with clouds. I felt lucky that the sky was clear enough I could see the moon or part of it when it showed up so I waited...and waited and waited.

     The moon didn't show up until after one in the morning and I only got a photo of it because I checked out the window one last time. I almost didn't get a picture of it but it wasn't pink. How is it other people had photos of a pink moon, was it that they got it earlier after it rose into the sky? I really don't know but here's the moon and a slide show video of the clouds I photographed that night after finally getting my camera to take actual night pictures other than the moon.

The Night of the Strawberry Moon; a blog post about trying to get this photo.
I love how big the moon looks. It makes me want one of those moon lamps.


Note; there are six photos in the slide show style video.

Disclaimer; I only have a point and shoot camera, a GE and I really want to take pictures of the stars. Is it even possible to get without the grainy appearance I get when I try to take night pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Popular Posts