Happy leap-year, the return of the marofrog

     It's leap-year 2020 and I'm bringing back the marofrog I wrote about back in 2016 on the last leap-year. It's time for an update on my marofrog. Before he was still just a baby, now you can meet Glint all grown up (even if he is still small).

This is an awkwardly posed marofrog.
Glint was in the middle of bouncing around and about to push off the bottom.
Don't worry, marimo and marofrogs don't mind small spaces.
Fun fact, most of the time marofrogs are just normal marimo which are plants not animals,
so as long as the water is clean and properly cared for they won't leave via magic.

     Read here about the legend of the marofrog and remember, don't boil them, it's a very bad idea plus it would destroy them.

     Read here about the heat warning of marimo, the plant that marofrogs are close kin with.

     Disclaimer; Marofrogs are shy, they won't show themselves to just anyone so sneaking a picture is as rare as leap-year. Ugh, getting caught might end up with me plagued by gnats or my window spontaneously falling out of the wall. If I manage to get another before next leap-year I'll let you know. It took me weeks, maybe months of staking out the marofrog just to get this picture to share today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Popular Posts