Dragon's Egg Marimo Vial

     You know I love marimo but did you know I've got a bunch of ideas I've been trying to gather supplies for, supplies that don't seem to exist or are oddly expensive? I have searched high and low for tiny little eggs that I could put in a marimo tank that had to be realistic. Well I finally found some, a little smaller than I was hoping for but they work just fine in a 2 dram vial. These eggs would also look cute in fake nests.

Dragon's Egg Marimo Vial; no photo editing done here, pure dragon magic. Yes, yes that is a real dragon's egg, isn't it amazing?
No photo editing done here, pure dragon magic.
Yes, yes that is a real dragon's egg, isn't it amazing?

     Teeny and tiny these eggs are adorable, solid white resin and I got a dozen of them. Since they're resin they should be completely safe to keep in the water and they don't appear to be painted so they shouldn't peel off after water exposure. As always when I make my marimo jars and vials I don't have fish to worry about so if you use these designs in with your fish just try to make sure you're putting pet safe things in. You can find the eggs here.

The other supplies are aquarium gravel because dragons obviously use rocks for their nests or their fire would burn their nesting materials. You will also need a marimo, a scale cabochon (I'm calling it the dragon scale) in any color you want and of course a 2 dram vial to put it all in.

     I started off by putting in the gravel, added the egg, put in the filtered water and picked out one of my smaller marimo to act as the dragon's egg keeper/protector/guardian (or whatever you want to call it). The last step was to use a little hot glue on the back of the dragon scale and placed it on the front where I felt it looked the best without obstructing the view of the dragon's nest.

Dragon's Egg Marimo Vial; The Dragon's Egg at dusk in the woods looks magical doesn't it?
The Dragon's Egg at dusk in the woods looks kind of magical doesn't it?

Disclaimer; Marimo are awesome, there I said it. So don't tell my marimo I really want some other types of aquarium moss, they'll get jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Popular Posts