My trip to the dark woods (a short story)

     Today's post theme is forest magic. I was interested how the sun passed through the leaves as well as how my camera's settings effected the results. I also edited these for a more interesting effect. Here is a short story with pictures created by me, enjoy.

My trip to the dark woods (a short story); find the whole story on the blog.
One warm sunny day I took a walk into the woods. The sun was high and hot.
I sought out the cool shade of the woods to escape the bright heat.

My trip to the dark woods (a short story); find the whole story on the blog.
I came upon this tree with leaves of emerald glass leaves.
I would have brought a few home but they were far too high to reach.
They would have been the perfect addition to my glass collection.

My trip to the dark woods (a short story); find the whole story on the blog.
Walking down the side of the mountain I tripped and fell into a deep hole.
At the bottom of the hill I looked up to find there were plenty of nice thick branches to help me climb out.
The thick foliage and soft dirt broke my fall,
I managed to climb out on the third or fourth try with only a couple of scratches on my hand and ankle.

My trip to the dark woods (a short story); find the whole story on the blog.
I nearly ventured too far into the dark side of the Bitterroot Mountains' hidden forest.
There are some crazy things that go on there, you do not want to venture in too far,
not even if you catch a glimpse of a unicorn or a dragon or you may never find your way out again.
Luckily I spotted a path of light from the dark woods but perhaps I'll play around at the edge again.
I always wanted to see a dragon.

My trip to the dark woods (a short story); find the whole story on the blog.
Staring down into a strange hole found in the middle of the forest on the Bitterroot Mountains,
I found a mysterious light but didn't dare climb down for fear of never making it back again.
The sides of the hole shimmered with a white light blinding me. Since it was just inside the dark woods,
I didn't stick around to see anymore and retreated home having enough of an adventure for a while.
Disclaimer; Before you decide to go searching for any dark patch of woods, you should know they are not a place for humans to seek, most humans are lucky if they never find it and those who do, most never return so think twice before even considering seeking out such a place shrouded in mysteries very few have ever heard about.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Popular Posts