The lost bride of the dark woods (A discovery in the dark woods)

     I believe I mentioned the dark woods at least once before, you can find that post here if you want to see a few scenery photos. My trip to the dark woods (a short story)

     In the middle of the dark woods there is a lake, a pond actually but it is deeper than can be imagined. It took me months to even look at this photo (found at the bottom of the post, please read the story first.), it's both heartbreaking and quite creepy but I'll get to that in a minute, I need to start at the beginning.

     I've shown you photos before of the dark woods I live near. It's sort of like another realm, you can possibly get trapped there forever in the dark where things can either be twisted or beautiful. It's a secret place in the Bitterroot mountains that unless you know how to find it, to look just right you'll never find it in a million years. Sometimes I go there, to the edge but because of the eclipse last year the veil was thinner, I managed to find myself stepping somewhere towards the center of the woods, almost into the water itself which probably would have killed me.

     The pond is no bigger than a shed but it's depth unimaginable. I tried a long stick and it didn't touch anything and then I tried to tie a rock to a string but it just kept sinking, I ended up losing my last spool of black thread, really thick nylon thread at that. My curiosity got the better of me so I lay down just over the edge holding my camera right above the surface (it isn't waterproof). I thought I'd be able to zoom in and see something since the water was very clear but somewhat distorted.

     I never imagined I'd find something so heartbreaking as to find a woman at the bottom in what looked like a wedding dress in a sunken boat. I have no idea how long ago she drowned or how she got there but I can't help but imagine something happened interrupting her wedding. I'm not going to speculate on whether or not she sank the boat herself or if it was a horrible accident. All I have is this one picture, the others were too blurry from how my hands shook out of fear of what would happen if I fell into the dark woods water.

     This woman who died so long ago is still at the bottom of the dark woods pond, untouched over the years, likely her whereabouts unknown. I don't know who she was or when she died. I'd leave a flower or something for her but the rift has closed. Maybe like me she wandered into the rift or maybe people live in the realm of the dark woods.

The lost bride of the dark woods (A discovery in the dark woods); an unsolvable mystery in a nearly impossible to reach location. Who was she, how did she get there? #blogger #mystery #darkwoods #Idaho #NS90
In most cases you can click to see a full size image.

     If anyone knows a way to honor the lost bride of the dark woods water, please let me know and comment below on what you think her name might be so I can call her something other than the lost bride of the dark woods water, it's kind of a mouthful.

Disclaimer; you should take my dark woods tales with a pinch of salt, tossed over your shoulder. Some of the stuff I have glimpsed at through the veil would have you investing in a night light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Popular Posts