Eek! a mouse!

     Mice seem to be out and about more this year. I managed to spot one out in the yard, a little thing. I think it's a young deer mouse (If I'm wrong let me know in the comments, I had to search up photos) and it was trying to dig around behind some garden rocks. The day was warmer than usual, it seemed to be young still so it was tiring out. No It was fine, it was moving around fast and disappeared after we went inside and showed no signs of being injured or poisoned, just needing a nap and not caring about the strange humans taking photos.

     I luckily got to take some pictures of it all while my camera was acting up out of the blue. Between my card saying it needed to be formatted, my camera freezing up and my near panic attack that my camera was going to die and I wouldn't have anything to take pictures with except a battery hog camera I got when I was fifteen so 2005 (it was not the newest or the best then either). Somehow I managed to take some decent pictures despite the camera issues, even having to go inside and grab my older backup memory card.

Eek! a mouse! by Maridan Valor  #Idaho #mouse #photography #nature #blogger
Little mouse ignoring the strange human just inches away.

Eek! a mouse! by Maridan Valor  #Idaho #mouse #photography #nature #blogger
Tiny little mouse napping without a care in the world.
If I wanted to, I could have easily picked it up without moving my feet.
Don't do that though, don't touch wild animals,
not only could you get hurt but they can carry diseases.

Eek! a mouse! by Maridan Valor  #Idaho #mouse #photography #nature #blogger
Like my shoes? My old falling apart shoes I slipped on without socks?
I was actually standing back a bit to take this photo, leaning over with the camera facing myself.
Would this be considered a shoe selfie?
 
Mouse in the rain. I think this one comes from the dark woods.
Something is definitely off with this one but I just can't tell what it is.


Disclaimer, my lens got as close as four or five inches from this mouse, it totally didn't care. Now if only a bear would wander up our street for a photo op. Moose, crows, ravens, squirrels, anything for a nice photo shoot like this one and it would be a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Popular Posts