I spy with my blue eyes....a beehive on a wire

    This summer I found a beehive growing in a strange place. I don't know if this is actually common but have you ever seen a hive grown on a power line (whatever cable it may be).

     This is the first time I've seen one grown on a cable but I have seen them other places before but what interested me was how much this one has grown from June 26th to July 7th when I took these pictures. Granted I wasn't standing in the same exact spot and the lighting was different on both days but this is the same exact hive.

I spy with my blue eyes....a bee hive on a wire; a blog post with photos to compare hive growth. #idaho #idahome #bees #beehive #nature #photography #bloger #NS90 #wildlife

I spy with my blue eyes....a bee hive on a wire; a blog post with photos to compare hive growth. #idaho #idahome #bees #beehive #nature #photography #bloger #NS90 #wildlife
I matched the cable size in these photos as close as possible so you can see the difference.

     I wondered how big the hive would grow but it hasn't changed in size since so I figure it's done by now. I had this big plan to take a few more photos of it growing huge but nope, hasn't grown since. Oh well, it was fun anyway.

     Were the bees bad this summer for you too? We had a bunch of angry bees, really angry ones. I had to keep retreating inside because they liked landing on my legs. Bumblebees, sure I don't mind those so much anymore but anything else, eek no, I'm not sticking around for that.

Disclaimer; I have no idea what kind of bees these are but I do know that the song I just found and have been listening to the last few days and while writing this is kind of funny. Black Honey by Thrice. How weird that I'm listening to a song about bees while writing a post about bees. That wasn't planned, I only realized it when trying to come up with this disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Popular Posts