Purple and gold, my first wreath

     I made my first wreath using the wreath from Walmart that was $2.97 or something like that. The purple and gold ornaments I got online from Walmart this summer on clearance originally priced $4.95 but I found them at half price. The angel wings were $1.97 from Walmart and the silver bead garland I think was $1.47 if I remember correctly. I kind of removed all the packaging so I can't go back and look at the prices, oops. Finally the curling ribbon I bought at the thrift store for $1.50 a spool and I bought six spools that day but only used purple and gold to go with the ornaments.

Not bad for my first try making a wreath. I think it turned out pretty cute.
The lights are cool white, they kind of come off as blue.
Warm white lights would look better but I don't have any.
The wreath is for my bedroom closet door which you can see is purple.

    I wrapped the fairy lights and silver garland around the wreath so many times trying to make it look good but I had no idea what I was doing. The curling ribbon was tied together in a bunch and curled before I just tucked it into the wreath with no clips or hooks to work as a filler for some blank spaces where I felt adding more ornaments to fill it in wouldn't look so well.

     The ornaments came in a pack of eighteen but I didn't use the entire package. To attach them I just used ornament wire. I am loving the purple and gold and normally I am not a huge fan of gold. I love silver and copper but this gold with the purple is just awesome and making me wish I had more purple ornaments, most of mine are blue, pink or tones of silver.

Disclaimer, totally addicted to hoarding ornaments. Seriously when it comes to ornaments if I can find them on a good deal and I like them, I think I'd pick them up. I did just start buying them the last couple years so there's only a few packs so far...on the hunt for teal green, grey, purple and orange for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Popular Posts