My lemon tree and tiny figures.



My lemon tree and tiny figures; this is my lemon tree in a soup can. The fan cost me $7 at a fair.
This is my lemon tree in a soup can.
The fan cost me $7 at a fair, I love fans.
     If you're wondering what kind of purple can that is, it's an average sized can like you get your vegetables in. I colored it with a permanent marker, not the best for a smooth coat but it gives an interesting weathered look.
     If you plan on coloring your own cans, use an airy place since the fumes from the marker get strong. Also if your hand fits inside the can, that's the best way to hold it without smudging any of the parts you've already done but aren't dry yet or you'll be stuck doing the can in halves.
     I used a nail to poke two holes near the center, about a finger's width apart for drainage and have had no problems with that. You may want to put something under it, easiest solution is a lid, either from a jar or maybe that plastic lid off your frosting container from the cake or cupcakes you just baked. If the bottom rests flat against whatever it sets on you should put a couple of pony beads, pennies, washers, bottle caps beneath so there's air flow beneath so the water doesn't sit in the bottom of the can and cause something you don't want to grow unseen and rot out your plant.


My lemon tree and tiny figures. Is that Slender man in brown...or a watcher? Who could it be beneath the lemon tree?
Is that Slender man in brown...or a watcher?
Who could it be beneath the lemon tree?
     Disclaimer; That figure in the brown suit is not Slender man or a watcher but looked like it in this image to me. if anything this is a coincidence or you could call it fan art since they really look more like Fringe characters to me. The guy in the red could be Peter Bishop and the woman in pink could be Olivia Dunham...gasp you don't know what Fringe is? It's an awesome show. I loved it, hated it, and stayed glued to the screen watching reruns. Now that I'm show inspired, Supernatural, Dr. Who, and maybe a Clue scene. (Clue as in the board game)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Popular Posts